Alberto Caeiro / Fernando Pessoa (2)


I'm not in a hurry. In a hurry for what?
The sun and moon aren't in a hurry; they're right.
To hurry is to suppose we can overtake our legs
Or leap over our shadow.
No, I'm not in a hurry.
If I stretch out my arm, I'll reach exactly as far as my arm reaches
And not half an inch farther.
I touch where my finger touches, not where I think.
I can only sit down where I am.
This sounds ridiculous, like all absolutely true truths,
But what's really ridiculous is how we're always thinking of
    something else,
And we're always outside it, because we're here.

(de Poemas Inconjuntos; trad. Richard Zenith)

Comentários

Mensagens populares deste blogue

A "Adoração dos Magos", de Domingos António de Sequeira, 1828

Humor com humor se paga

Citação 7: Agustina

Citação 3: Eça / A psique portuguesa

Metáforas bélicas